St Luke’s Services has a reputation as an employer of distinction and choice.
We stand out as an employer who values its staff, provides opportunities for training and development and rewards with a range of diverse benefits.
Our vision is to assist in creating an environment where all staff (paid and volunteers) share a sense of pride, passion and commitment to deliver the St Luke’s mission.
We know what kind of people we want and we work hard to recruit them. We look for passion, the ability to communicate and the desire to learn and improve. Our people show commitment to the organisation, and display support and loyalty to one another.
St Luke’s approach to Career Development
St Luke’s has achieved Investors in People and recognises the need to continuously grow the skills of our employees to maximise their full potential. Our approach is a simple one – responsibility for your own development is shared between the individual, the line manager and HR. Opportunities exist at St Luke’s for continuing personal and professional development. Learning opportunities are either provided in-house utilising internal expertise or delivered via external provision. Further education can be supported by way of grants through Help the Hospices.
An annual Performance and Development Review system underlines our commitment and is key to the Investors in People standard the organisation has achieved.
The Benefits of St Luke’s
- You will enjoy an array of excellent benefits from the moment you join:
- An excellent Group Personal Pension Scheme or NHS Pensions Scheme transferable
- Flexible working (includes Flexi-time, part-time)
- Commitment to family friendly policies
- A generous holiday entitlement (between 35 and 41 days (inclusive of bank holidays) depending on how long you have worked for us.
- Maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave
- Sickness provision
- Training and career development opportunities, and funding for approved training
- Childcare voucher scheme, which can be used to pay for registered childcare for children up to 16 years old.
- Free membership to a nationally recognised healthcare plan
- Recognition of previous service (subject to certain criteria and relevant to appropriate clinical grades)
- Free parking at most Hospice sites.