St Luke’s Golf Day
Are you an avid golfer? Are you looking to raise money for charity and do something that you love at the same time? If yes, then a golf day is a great option.
Our Golf Days are kindly sponsored by Plymouth Golf Centre, who have generously donated prizes for those of you hosting golf day raffles.
Planning your event
A successful golf day is all about the planning!
You will need plenty of time to organise the event. Organising the event on your own can be hard work. You may want an events committee to help with your sponsorship of the event, fundraising, and logistics on the day. Make sure you choose a date that does not clash with other club events or community events.
Fundraising ideas for on the day
How will you raise money on the day? There are lots of ways to do this:
- Getting sponsorship for holes – ask local businesses to sponsor holes, they add their branding to the event in return.
- If you are producing a programme don’t forget to ask businesses if they would like to advertise in it.
- Prizes for nearest to the pin, longest drive, lowest adjusted score are all ways to get everyone involved on the day.
- Raffle – these can take place at the end of the day or if you are hosting an evening dinner, after the meal.
- You can also have donation envelopes on the tables for your guests which we can provide for you.
Promoting the event is crucial!
- Ask local businesses to share with their colleagues.
- Share on your social media platforms with all your network.
- Speak to local radio stations to find out if they can promote for you!
After the event
Make sure you thank everyone involved in your fundraising day:
- The golf club.
- All your amazing volunteers.
- Your sponsors and of course your guests!
If you would like to organise a St Luke’s Golf Day then please get in touch. We can supply you with some information about St Luke’s for your guests and all the appropriate fundraising materials, such as collection buckets.
Please contact us on 01752 492626 or email@example.com to find out more. We would love to hear from you.