Boost your donations by 25% with Gift Aid
Did you know that by adding Gift Aid, your donations are worth 25% more to us? Gift Aid helps us care for more people in your community at no extra cost to you.
Gift Aid adds 25% value to your donations; whether they’re clothes, books, chairs or a sofa.
Sign up today! It only takes two minutes and costs you nothing.
Download our Gift Aid form
What is Gift Aid?
• Gift Aid is a scheme run by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that means charities like St Luke’s Hospice Plymouth can reclaim the tax on your donations at no extra cost to you.
• This means all your donations will be worth 25% more. So if your donations sell for £10, we will actually receive £12.50.
Who can become a Gift Aider?
• You must be a current UK taxpayer, but this is not limited to tax on earnings.
• You also qualify if you pay tax on a pension, savings, property sales or rental income. Council Tax and VAT will not qualify as income tax.
• You only need to have paid as much in tax as St Luke’s Hospice Plymouth will reclaim on your donations.
• Make sure you’re happy with our Gift Aid terms and conditions.
How do I become a Gift Aider?
• Download our form at home, print it out, fill in your details and bring to your local shop.
• or fill in the form found in every St Luke’s Hospice Plymouth donation bag and place it at the very top of your filled bag.
• or take two minutes to register via the till system in any of our shops. We will never share your details with third parties.
How much value has Gift Aid added to my donations?
• When your donations have sold we’ll write to you annually to let you know how much they have raised
• If you are currently receiving letters about Gift Aid from us and would rather be contacted by email you can change you preferences by emailing us at