What can’t St Luke’s reuse or recycle?
There are items that we cannot accept, which is mainly due to Health and Safety and Trading Standards legislations. Also items that are clearly unsellable and that can’t be locally recycled will cost the charity money to dispose of.
These items are:
- Children’s car seats, prams and buggies
- Gas cookers
- Greetings cards
- Cycle, riding or crash helmets
- Buoyancy aids
- Any safety equipment
- Oil filled items – such as lamps or radiators
- Prescription medication
- Hazardous waste – paints, solvents, adhesives or cleaning agents
- Toys without a CE mark
- Soft furnishings without fire regulations
- VHS / Video cassettes
- Pianos / electric organs
- Flammable liquids
- Soil / hardcore
- Gas bottles
St Luke’s Hospice Plymouth reserves the right to refuse any donation that is on the above list, or is deemed by us as unsellable.
If you have something that you’d like to donate to us, but it isn’t mentioned above please contact our Distribution Centre and they will happily help you.